Saturday, January 02, 2010

When is it too much WoW?

I've been wanting to start answering WoW.com's "Breakfast Topic" on here lately, but lately most of the questions have been in regards to the new dungeon system and frankly I don't really care about that.

But today I will start. The question is "When is it too much WoW?" And I think I may be at that point. They really want to know how much time you take off when you've had too much. My answer in the past would have been maybe a few days at most. But things are different right now.

I woke up early this morning and couldn't find a character that I really wanted to play. My 80s are done until the next expansion. I don't care if they get any better gear than the iLevel 187ish gear that they have now. If that puts me way behind the curve, then so be it. I don't really care how my characters look or how they perform, as long as I'm having fun with them. Right now I'm not having fun. Part of me feels forced into a section of the game that I can't stand(grouping) and I hate that I avoid logging into characters if I feel like I'm going to be harassed into doing that.

And I think a big part is just burn out. I recently got my 16th character to at least level 70. That's a LOT of levels and quests. And while the ones who are leveling are the only ones I want to play, right now I just don't want to play them. Or maybe it's just the Winter "Blues", because really, I don't want to do much of anything else either.

I don't mind logging in and playing alongside my husband and daughter, but other than that I just can't figure out what to do. I think I'll go back to working on my photography website. Or I'll read some books that I've been meaning to read. I miss the library. And the treadmill is just screaming my name now that it's January again. We'll see.

No comments: