Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Ding 80 #6...and I've chickened out..oh and Brewfest

Yes, I got my little Pally to 80, well, a couple of weeks ago. Still haven't gone into a heroic or raid, not on her or any of my characters. Oh my little Pally's been invited, but I always have an excuse. I'm just chicken I guess. Still afraid of getting yelled at for screwing up or something. Still afraid that I can't hack it.

Besides, the new fall season of tv shows has started back up and I'm not going to miss House, CSI or the Amazing Race just for some silly game!


At least Brewfest is over. Yes, it is one of my favorite holidays, but after a week or so it just gets annoying. Maybe it's the 'oompa' music. And I'm German so that's saying a lot.

I did manage to get 5 of my 6 80s the "Brewmaster" title this year. Even sweeter when some of them are in a guild called "daBeers". Perfect! The runs I made on Direbrew left me realizing why I don't run dungeons, ever. This is how they went...

Hunter, Blood Elf: joined a group on one of the first days. Five different trinkets dropped, tank Paladin won 2, I got none. At least it went fairly smoothly and quick and I was done with it.

Mage, Human: joined a group on 4th day. Five trinkets, but not the spellpower one. Again, I get nothing.

Paladin, Dwarf: I manage to get into a guild group, who apparently wiped on their first and second tries. I get there and find a level 68, SIXTYEIGHT!!! hunter in the group. We manage to kill the boss 3 times. I get NOTHING, hunter ends up with 3 items, including the remote. Grr.

Druid, Tauren: this group included my daughter's 80 mage and husband's 80 Death Knight. I love them dearly, but they aren't the greatest players. And we also get a 76(ugh) Death Knight and 80 (excellent) Priest. The first 4 attempts go, well, okay. They are tough but we manage. On the first attempt, the DPS trinket and Shanker drops. I 'greed' both, and somehow manage to win both. There is nobody who can USE the dagger, so what the heck. The Priest kaveches a bit about me getting both. I offer to trade to whoever wants it, nobody wants it. I WILL use the DPS trinket. On the 4th try the tank trinket drops and I win that too. We had been told the 76 didn't have his summon, but apparently he did. But he starts the 5th attempt before anyone is ready and we wipe. Oh well. The BoE Tankard had dropped too-I passed on it, I think the 76 DK won it-I don't really care. I was so glad that was over. I was ill all night after that.

Rogue, Blood Elf: Finally on the Monday after the first weekend, I manage to find a group for my rogue. The attempts all went so fast, it was insane-the guys I found myself with were just awesome. I came away with the DPS trinket and a HUGE monkey off of my back.

I ran the Brewfest boss once only with each character-enough to get the achievement and title. I had no reason to run it anymore. I never saw a mount drop. And I really don't care. I'm just glad it is over.

And now it's almost time for Hallow's End, and the whole boss thing will start over. At least I don't have to worry about getting titles for that season-I won't do the PvP related achievements so I will never get that title. Oh well. I still love Trick-or-treating!

No comments: